Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tra-la, it's May...

And in the blink of an eye, May has come and gone. I have many, many good reasons for not posting during May.

What did we have in May?
Honors band
Confirmation
A visit from the Wilders
Mission trip fund raisers and meetings
Final choir concert
Lost season finale party
Friday night wine tasting parties
Band world tour (I got to chaperone!)
School field trips
Final band concert
School fund raisers
Final flute choir performance
Bell choir rehearsals
Final school projects
Weekend in Michigan
8th grade banquet
8th grade graduation
Job interview round one
Poplar Creek Library grand re-opening

And on top of all that, I've been going to a cardiologist to monitor a developing heart condition. I had both an echocardiogram and CT angiography to monitor my enlarged aorta, a condition which my father had surgery for last summer. The probable culprit is a condition called Marfan's Syndrome. My father probably has it and I probably have it and both our kids exhibit several of the symptoms of it as well. Right now we're in the process of getting a formal diagnosis (or not) and getting a second opinion from another cardiologist to determine the best course of treatment at this point. I'm sure learning a lot about how the HMO works!

So I've had a lot on my mind. We're getting Hannah ready for high school, trying to figure out how summer school works, getting Michelle ready for Walcamp, making plans for summer in general.

It's been a month of highs and lows. I'm glad it's finally behind me.

2 comments:

  1. Right.....but why didn't you post in May?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 AM

    frank... ignore MM... he clearly has NO heart at all. Perhaps he should see a cardiologist! I have tried to call you a couple of times.
    I am praying for you and loving you! You are a great mom and a great friend!

    ReplyDelete