Sunday, March 08, 2009

Big sigh of relief

Aaaaah! Time to relax -- finally! We made it through the craziness of the past couple of weeks.
VIP day is over.
School operetta is over.
Solo contest is over. (4 gold medals for the Blackwell girls! Yay!)
Top Chef is over.
The bake sale is over.
Flute choir performance is over.
Piano at Family in Faith is over.
Hannah's show at the Park District is over.

I feel as though a great weight has been lifted. I don't think we have anything on the schedule for any evening this week - other than Lent service, which doesn't require me to do anything but show up.

The relief I feel is only slightly dampened by the fact that I'm kind of ticked off at my boss and some of the management staff at work. I finally spoke up during a meeting when I might have normally just kept my mouth shut, which felt good, but then there was some confusion about a scheduled display and my boss asked me to do something that I had already been doing. Which I just find annoying -- like she doesn't trust me to do my job.

Anyway, I choose not to let that get to me. Stuff at work always passes. And in 12 days we'll be on our way "home" to Disneyworld!

No comments:

Post a Comment