Sunday, February 22, 2009

The storm is starting

It's all starting to get crazy. Friday night was the Disney gig -- what a blast! We sat through a presentation about the DVC and then danced the night away with Minnie and Mickey. We even got to meet Tinkerbell! How fun!!

Saturday morning I braved the snowstorm to accompany a high schooler for her flute solo. It took me a lot longer to get to the HS, so I was grateful that the judge was running late. I had wanted to take the kids to a science expo in the afternoon, but I just didn't want to go out in the snow. Saturday night was piano at church followed by the "marriage celebration".

Sunday morning was more piano at church -- what a blast! It's a joy playing with such talented musicians. Then we had a lovely lunch of grilled cheese and tomato soup. My children claimed that they didn't like tomato soup, but we had tomato basil soup from Progresso. Yum!

Hannah had play practice tonight. She has play practice every night this week. Friday night is opening night. She said that she's already tired but she loves it.

Dave, Michelle and I had our pizza and a movie night. We watched "The Iron Giant". If you haven't seen this film, I highly recommend it. It was a pleasure to watch. We usually watch a Disney film, but I pointed out that this movie was directed by none other than the super talented Brad Bird -- director of another movie we all love -- The Incredibles!

Stay tuned for the next chapter in my saga of staying sane for the next two weeks. By March 8, we'll be back to normal and counting down the days until Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment