Thursday, February 26, 2009

Busy week continued

Whew! Made it through the soup supper last night. Nearly every drop of my chili was gone. I used the soup starter from Mrs. Grass. I just added hamburger, canned tomatoes, and kidney beans. Delish!

So the crazy week continues, but the worst days are over -- I think. Tomorrow night we're off to a wine tasting event out in Genoa.

It turns out I am NOT playing piano for church Saturday night! Yay! So Saturday my folks are coming in and we're all going to go see Hannah's play. Tech week is wearing her out, but it's good for her.

For part of the play, she's a tourist, so they can have tourist-related props. She wants to bring my digital camera as a prop and use it to actually take pictures of her friends during the performance. Not too bad of an idea, really, but I will need to show her how to shut of the flash, first. Don't want to temporarily blind anyone.

Sunday morning Hannah "gets" to read her confirmation essay aloud in church. Her Bible verse is Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding". She wrote a nice essay but opted not to use my suggestion which was something along these lines:

I play a lot of video games and when I'm stuck and need help, I use a game guide or online FAQ to help me know what to do. The Bible is like a game guide or FAQ on how to live your life. When life gets difficult and we need help, we should 'lean not on our own understanding' and turn to God's Word for direction.

Get the idea? I think it would have been a nice analogy, but what do I know?


Post Script:
9 more days until solo contest
22 more days until Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment