Sunday, January 18, 2009

Observations on a weekend

The thing that bugs me most about working someplace "perfect" is everyone freaks out when one little thing goes wrong.

I love buy one get one half off -- especially when it comes to shoes.

I can't believe I picked out boots for my 13 year old without her opinion -- and she loves them!

Saturday mornings are for SLEEPING IN!!!!

There's nothing like a long lunch with good friends. Mixed in with a little local politics!

How can someone claim to be into contemporary praise music and not know "I could sing of Your love forever"?

It's pretty hard to mess up lasagna. If I can make it, anyone can!

Sunday mornings can be for sleeping in, too, once in a while.

Mmmmm, scrambled eggs.....

If the economy is so bad, why is it still so hard to find a parking space at the mall on a Sunday afternoon?

I also love buy one get one half off at Limited Too.

You know you're from Chicago when suddenly 13 degrees feels like a heat wave.

You just can't browse the clothing department at Target with a shopping cart.

No matter how hard you try, it seems like you always need something from Jewel.

Mr. Mom will always be one of my favorite movies of all time.

3 comments:

  1. CARSON9:03 PM

    She's Back ... Ladies and Gentlemen!
    Thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARSON8:49 AM

    I agree strongly with 3 of your observations.
    Economy/Mall parking
    The clothing dept/cart at Target
    Mr. Mom.

    Wow .... we agree on another film.
    Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - I thought I was reading the Fred Poets Society blog, but I ended up reading some very insightful and funny comments made by Stephen Wright and columnist Roger Simon. Is it true you're going to be marketing most of these as bumper stickers or refrigerator magnets? I'd buy THAT for a dollar. Very fun to read.

    ReplyDelete