Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year to Me!

Hi.
Since no one else is posting...
I thought I might try it.
I am back at school today after two weeks off.
It was an easy day.
I really love my job and usually do not mind coming to work.
Today, however, I did not want to get out of bed.
Moreover... it is hard to get back into Mommy routine.
Making dinner and so forth is proving hard to do.
The 2009 calendar remains blank.
Empty.
Clean.
Fresh.
Unblemished.
Tablu Rasse.
I do not want to marr it's pristine sheets.
However, an unmarked calendar means chaos will insue.
So events, practices, parties, concerts and what have you will soon fill it's too tiny squares.
My back and neck tension will return and our family will be off and running.
Happy New Year to me.
Oh and to you too.

6 comments:

  1. Well it is about time! You should have said that it was you!

    I think my blank calendar is me in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, too!

    Nice first post. Looking forward to more.

    I changed the layout so that you can tell who is posting.

    My calendar has many, many things on it, but I do not use a paper calendar of any kind. Electronic only. I actually have an event in the calendar for 2010, but it is not a trip to Disneyworld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CARSON8:20 PM

    What is it?
    Tell me ...
    huh huh..
    I want to know.
    I should have known that you would be electronic only.
    Variety is the spice of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 2010 Public Library Association Conference will be in Portland Oregon, March 23-27. So that's on my calendar.

    I submitted a proposal for a speaker for the conference.
    http://bobsutton.typepad.com/

    I sure hope they can afford him. He's a great writer. If he gets booked as a speaker, I think I get to introduce him. Oooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CARSON11:59 AM

    That is cool.
    Maybe they will pick him for the keynote address. Introductions can be fun!
    Oh I hope they pick him.
    What a fun trip!
    When will you find out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The programming committee meets sometime at the end of January. I guess I'll find out in February.

    I hope they pick him too. I only submitted his name as a regular program topic, but I think he would be an awesome keynote speaker.

    ReplyDelete