Monday, January 12, 2009

Changing It Up

Governor's State University uses the school where I teach kindergarten as a language arts lab site.
Each semester, I get to mentor a new elementary education student.
The professor also asks me to make a presentation to her new students about storytelling in the classroom.
I keep the bare bones outline of the presentation each time but change props and stories out. This keeps it interesting for me and the professor.
This time I am doing a poem entitled Talking by Judith Viorst.
I will also be doing the book, Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina.
I really like the interaction with the college students and would be teachers.
I enjoy presenting.
This experience seems to point me in the direction of teaching at the college level someday as a professor of early childhood education perhaps.
Right now life is as busy and full as I want it to be with me as wife, mother, kindergarten teacher and serving God as He wills and asks me.
No need to change that up at all.

2 comments:

  1. I love Caps for Sale! That is a great book. One of my Prayer Group ladies gave Carson and older copy and his friend gave him a newer paperback copy. Maybe we will read that tonight. Must find it. You are a good teacher. You would make a good professor. God has a plan for you Seester. I love watching it unfold. You are a great and consistent blogger. Keep at it. Love ya. Sissy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep that professor thought in your little head, you have a wealth of knowledge that is worth sharing! Have you ever presented at the Indiana Teacher's Conference on Storytelling? I don't think you have in the 10 years we have been here. You should!

    ReplyDelete