Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Why I was late for work

This morning I was driving to work down Wise Road. There was snow on the road, but it had obviously been plowed.

So I'm going along and notice the light up ahead turning yellow. So I tap the brakes and totally start sliding. I don't have ABS, so I start pumping the brakes, but it's clear there's no way I'm stopping for this light.

Thank God (literally!) there was no one in front of me. I'm sliding along, honking my horn in hopes that no one will pull out into the intersection.

Thank God (again!) that they did not. I rolled right through the red light and then proceeded to slow to a much safer speed. So pretty much the rest of the way to work I drove at half they speed I normally would.

I do still like winter though....

2 comments:

  1. CARSON12:15 PM

    What an awful way to start a day.
    God held you close.
    Praise Him!
    I would have been an emotional wreck.
    Glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am glad that you kept your head about you while slip slidin' away through the red light. I'm also glad you still like the winter - it WAS a pretty snowfall.

    ReplyDelete