Thursday, December 18, 2008

Top Chef last night

Okay, got just a couple of minutes before heading off to a meeting.

Initial reaction: bummer.

I liked the challenges, I liked Martha Stewart, but hated the other guest judges and I was ticked off that they didn't send someone home.

Oh, sure it was heartwarming to see everyone pitch in and help the chefs whose food got ruined, but ultimately this is a competition and at the end of every episode, someone is supposed to go.

Yeah, I know they've had other "do-over" sort of episodes, but I feel cheated. So the food wasn't great, someone still had to have the worst. And frankly, you know that Eugene and Melissa aren't going to last a whole lot longer.

Ultimately I think everyone is too likeable this season. There's no bad guy -- no Hung, no Marcel for the drama. Eugene's getting a little cocky, but he doesn't have the culinary skills that Hung and Marcel had. Much as I liked him before, it's time for him to go. And Melissa's "I deserve to be here because I _want_ to be here" doesn't endear her to me.

I hope next week they eliminate two chefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment