Tuesday, December 23, 2008

There's a reason he's doing community service

Rotten lousy community service person! I have this volunteer who needs to do court-ordered community service. It just so happens that we did a huge book weeding project and we have a conference room full of books that need to be de-processed.

Fine, I said, come in and do your community service work here. For once, we actually have work that a community service person could do.

He came in yesterday afternoon as I was leaving. That's still fine, he knows what he's supposed to do and he's an adult and I'm not going to babysit him.

But what the $#%@ did he actually do? One lousy shelf of books? I can whip through an entire cart in the time it took him to do the one shelf.

And he wrote down that he was here an hour and a half? Doing what? Texting his friends? Looking up the value of the books on ebay? Grrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment