Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Season's Readings

2008 was the year of non-fiction.

I think the only fiction I read in 2008 was that horrible Breaking Dawn book. So I was just about to declare 2009 as the year of fiction, but then Fast Company published this list:

Fast Company Best business books of 2008

Back of the napkin – Dan Roam

Big switch – Nicholas Carr

Buying in – Rob Walker

Earth : the sequel – Fred Krupp and Miriam Horn

Iconoclast – Gregory Berns

Eyes Open Series – ideo

Pixar touch – David A. Price

Sway – Ori Brafman and Rom Brafman

White tiger – Aravind Adiga

X saves the world – Jeff Gordinier

So I'm not entirely interested in all of the above books, but I have just got to read the Pixar one and Gen X ones. And White tiger won the Man Booker prize, so that's a gotta read.

But, can you see me reading a book about global warming? Get real. I'm not sure if I need to read Iconoclast -- about thinking differently. I don't need to read about it, I already do that.

Then Bob Sutton has to go and give a nod to Orbiting the Giant Hairball, so now I have to add that to my "want to read" list, too.

When am I going to find time to read Maxiumum Ride?

3 comments:

  1. CARSON1:20 PM

    Wow...
    I am making you read complete and total fluff. Friday the fluff is on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARSON10:03 AM

    Excellent show last night.
    Totally lame that they did not elimanate though.DRAG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fluff is okay once in a while. I could probably use some fluff in my life. As long as it's _good_ fluff...

    ReplyDelete