Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lost : a day in my life

I was sick yesterday. I went to bed with a headache Sunday night and woke up with a full blown, knock-down, all-out migraine Monday morning. I made myself go to work just long enough to sign time sheets and to change the backup tape, but was back home by 9:00 am, asleep by 9:02 am and I didn't wake up until 1:00 pm. Wow.

When I woke up, I felt better, but not quite 100 percent. I laid around on the couch, watching TV until Michell came home from school on the bus. (Dave took Hannah to the orthodontist to get her retainer.) So then I read while Michelle worked on homework for the next hour and a half. Yeah, she had a lot of homework to do. But she didn't complain, she just got to work and got it done.

Finally around dinner time I was feeling more like myself again. We went to Lou Malnati's as it was a fund raising night for the school. For once, we actually did NOT order pizza. I never realized how many other tasty things they had on their menu besides pizza. But service was so slow. We spent just over 2 hours there.

By the time we got home, we had to send the kids to bed and then we settled in to watch Boston Legal. After that, Dave went to bed, while I stayed up and finished reading Breaking Dawn. Ugh, what a chore. I've now read the entire Twilight Saga. I don't know why, though. I found the books to really be awful, typical teen writing. Not that the author is a teen, but that the style of writing could only possibly appeal to teens. Fortunately, the writing is such that you really don't need to read every single word to get the gist of the story.

On to better books again. I'm still looking for a good non-fiction book on CD to listen to. The last one I listened to, Kluge, was interesting, but all the evolution stuff annoyed me.

1 comment:

  1. CARSON1:24 PM

    I am reading Vegetable, Animal, Mineral...something blah blah...
    It is ok so far.
    Came recommended...
    Glad you feel better.

    ReplyDelete