Thursday, October 23, 2008

Allowing myself to daydream

Before going in to work this morning, I spent about half an hour practicing the piano. I pulled out an old finger exercise/drill book from a long time ago and played through a bunch of drills.

As I did, I allowed myself to dream a little. Maybe if I worked just a little harder at the piano, I could quit the library business and just do music for a living.

I know I could get a job at my own church running the contemporary music program. I could be the resident pianist and choir accompanist. I could even get back to directing the bell choir again. Then I could give piano lessons on the side. I do already have a regular gig accompanying our own school kids for their band solo competition, but maybe I could expand that as well. Hannah will be in high school next year and I'm sure those kids have a solo competition of some kind. Maybe it could work.....

2 comments:

  1. CARSON7:15 PM

    I would not know what to do if you are not a librarian.
    I could not even stand it.
    How was that for squashing your dream.
    I'm sorry.
    Go for it.
    I will support you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for dreams...GO FOR IT! I know that everyone would not find it thrilling to stay at home and make bracelets all day, but I have to say that I feel that teaching piano lessons is not what I would be invisioning in my daydreams. It can be one of my least favorite parts of the day some days. But, hey, you go girl!

    I also had to laugh when you mentionted being paid for being the accompianist for the church choir. That DOES NOT happen here! We need a call!!!!!

    ReplyDelete