Monday, September 22, 2008

Transformation

Saturday afternoon I got a haircut. I know, no big deal, but I decided I wanted bangs again. For nearly all my life, I have had bangs. Then a few years ago, I decided I was really motivated to grow them out. And I did. So for the past few years I have not had bangs.

I have had mixed feelings about this. I have a birthmark on my forehead that I do not like, but apparently it is not that noticeable to other people. So I wasn't crazy about that, but it seemed like I was the only person in the world who had bangs and it was kind of fun feeling like I had an "in" hairstyle. Recently, though, I've looked back on enough pictures where I had my hair up in a ponytail, and I don't like the way it looks. So finally this weekend I had enough courage to get the bangs again.

Saturday night and Sunday were horrible because the bangs still wanted to puff up and go back to the sides. Finally, this morning they laid down again in the correct position, so they don't look so strange. I also got a lot of long layers cut in at the same time, so I feel like I actually have a hair "style" right now.

I'm sure it will be months (possibly longer) now before I go back and get another haircut. I can trim my own bangs at home and plan to just let the rest of it grow out.

2 comments:

  1. CARSON4:44 PM

    but does your hair go all the way down your back?
    That is the question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Sadly, my hair no longer goes all the way down my back, but it goes a little bit past my shoulders. After this cut, I plan on letting it grow all the way down my back.

    ReplyDelete