Friday, September 05, 2008

Randomness

I only have random thoughts for now. I number them only for ease of commenting.

1. At the beginning of this week, we had nothing on our calendar, other than going to church for the entire weekend - nothing! I wasn't playing anywhere, Dave was not eldering, we had no committments other than we could pick what church service to attend. I was so looking forward to this nothingness. Then I got an email from a friend who I promised to play the piano for in October. The only time that I can rehearse with his band is Saturday at 11:30 am. Ugh! So that means I have 10:30 am - 2:00 pm committed. Spleesh! I really wanted to clean the house this Saturday. After cleaning the church kitchen last Saturday, I feel like I need to focus on my own house. I guess I can at least make the kids vacuum and dust.

2. My boss wore white shoes to work yesterday. I didn't point out to her that Labor Day had passed.

3. I now have a cardiologist. Last week, I went to see him to have my mitral valve prolapse evaluated. Oh, it's there all right, and I am probably at a higher risk than most people for a TIA, but there's nothing imminent to be concerned with. Next February I have to have another doppler echocardiogram and a stress echo. That's the test where you have to run on a treadmill and they monitor your heart. I told the doctor that I don't run unless something is chasing me.

4. I've had a busy couple of days updating software at work. There is an update for the software we use to connect to our online catalog. Technically, I'm not supposed to start loading the update until next Tuesday, but it's available now and I have the time now so I started anyway. So far, I don't think the universe has collapsed. I actually only have 7 computers left to update. Go me!

5. Our waterbed (yes, we have a waterbed) has apparently sprung a leak. Should I be concerned about this? I haven't decided. We've had other waterbed mattresses leak and all you have to do is find the leak and patch it. Shouldn't be a big deal.

6. I forgot my cell phone at home this morning. It feels very strange not to have it here at work.

7. I have two reminders that keep popping up on my screen here at work. I should probably quit posting and take care of the two items.

8. Have you ever tried to get 30 people from all over the state to come to a consensus about something via email? It just doesn't work.

9. Last night I ditched my family -- again. I went over to help someone from church get ready to move. Her husband works long and odd hours and they have a three year old and a three month old. I mostly held the baby and read books to the three year old. I packed a few boxes, after the kids went to bed, but I feel like I didn't help that much, although she assured me that I was a great help. That's good.

10. Hannah's first volleyball game is next week. I'm really proud of the progress she's made. I don't really care if they win or not, but I hope that the teams are fairly evenly matched. We have a button-making machine at work and I want to make buttons with all the girls on the team on them for their parents.

1 comment:

  1. CARSON3:30 PM

    Favorite part of the post:
    White shoes after Labor day.
    You really make me smile.

    ReplyDelete