Monday, June 16, 2008

If your life was a movie

Holy web 2.0, I've been tagged! I'll try this at home, where I can only claim that a small percentage of the music that's available to me was uploaded by me.

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
Here's how it works:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...
7. Include commentary


Opening Credits: "Voices Carry" by Til Tuesday. Guess I'm a child of the 80's.

Waking Up: "Here I am" by Michael W. Smith. Not a bad start.

First Day at School: "Stay Free" by the Clash. That's right -- you can't tame me!

Falling in Love: "21 things I want in a lover" by Alanis Morissette. I don't think I even know the words to this one!

Fight Song: "Let love rule" by Lenny Kravitz. (I don't even know this song, but I guess I can claim to be a lover, not a fighter!)

Breaking Up: "Hey you" by Pink Floyd. Ah, the Floyd always makes for a good breakup song.

Prom: "Rock me tonite" by Billy Squier. Yes, the year would have been 1986, except I didn't go to prom.

Life's Ok: "O Tannenbaum" performed by Colin Bailey. From a Charlie Brown Christmas. Awesome!

Mental Breakdown: "Fearless" by Cyndi Lauper. Yeah, I can't let fear rule my life.

Driving: "Only the Young" by Journey. Put the top down and crank it up!

Flashback: "My Love" by Paul McCartney. Hmmm.....

Getting Back Together: "Take a bow" by Madonna. "I've always been in love with you...." good line.

Wedding: "Knockin on heaven's door" by Eric Clapton. Appropo I guess....

Birth of Child: "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang. That works, but what the heck is this song doing in my music library???

Final Battle: "Low Rider" by War. Cool song. Again, I didn't know this was in my library.

Death Scene: "Shoot to thrill" by ACDC. Wow, I must go out in a blaze of glory!

Funeral Song: "If God will send His angels" by U2. I expect there to be LOTS of crying at my funeral.

End Credits: "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" by Tom Lehrer. Really. I love it!


An interesting experiement. I might have to try this again on my PC at work where the music has been much more hand chosen by me.

The only sad thing is I don't really know any bloggers to tag. So the meme ends here, I guess. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting reading, but - dude - Celebration? You kind of lose major, MAJOR cool points on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARSON3:15 PM

    i feel so left out.
    i don't have a blog.
    i don't have an ipod.
    life is rough.
    i want to go back to Disney World where life made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CARSON3:43 PM

    when are we getting your wrap up comments on Top Chef?
    you really are slipping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have an ipod, either. I just used Windows Media Player on my PC.

    I also want to go back to Disney World... *sigh*

    Okay, a Top Chef wrap up post will be coming up....

    ReplyDelete