Monday, June 30, 2008

Good weekend

Why do the weekends always go by too quickly? I saw 2 movies: one was horrible and one was genius.

Friday night Dave and I watched Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Hated it. It was our last night this week without the kids, so we wanted to watch a movie. We wanted something funny and this piece of crap was available at the library. I figured, hey, it's Will Ferrell, it must be funny. It was just plain stupid.

Saturday night was family movie night. All four of us went to see WALL-E. Loved it, loved it, loved it. (The only bad thing was the family with the unruly kids in the theater. Ugh.) WALL-E himself is so adorable. This movie even makes cockroaches seem adorable. Then again, these are the same people who made me fall in love with a rat in Ratatouille. There is a strong environmental message here, but it is second to the plot -- as opposed to that horrible Happy Feet movie.

Disney/Pixar has got a tremendous hit on its hands. Don't walk -- RUN -- to the theaters for this movie. There's something in it for everyone and a little something special for Mac users.....

3 comments:

  1. CARSON2:37 PM

    GOOD GRIEF.
    (charles schultz reference :) )
    My comments also were meant only in fun.
    Julie and Marquee movies....In an effort to have a truce and make peace ...I now invite you to the movies and supper at the Arndts
    on July 8th at 6:00 pm. Spouses/kids are welcome.

    Come and watch "Be Kind and Rewind".
    Remember when you guys used to film your own movies in college? Someone ripped off your ideas and made a movie out of them. i do love Jack Black. But who I am to tell the GREAT Movie guru about a film... I'm sure you know all about it, MM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. July 8 is no good for me. Michelle and I will be spending the day at Six Flags. I dread going to Six Flags after going to Disneyworld. But Michelle's very excited. She wants to drive her own bumper car this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...I think it was more fun when you didn't know who I was, Maria! Your invitation is very generous, but unfortunately July 8th doesn't work for me either - I am picking up some extra money playing Sylvester the cat at Six Flags. (Do they still do that there?) Actually, I have a movie presentation to do. And I love Jack Black as well - great in School of Rock and King Kong. Thanks again for your kind invitation!

    ReplyDelete