Friday, June 20, 2008

Expanding my vocabulary

These words may already in your vocabulary, but they are new to me.

Bromance. Watching the Top Chef "reunion" introduced me to this term. The male chefs of season four really did seem to bond. If memory serves me (and it doesn't serve me as well as it used to) the chefs really did not form such close friendships. At least the guys didn't. They all hated each other and the girls got along. But season four was different. I think the guys got along and the girls didn't really like each other much.

I always enjoy the reunion show. I have to agree with the viewers who thought the language was terrible. Chef Tom hit the nail on the head when he suggested the chefs ask "is this how I want people to see me?"

Staycation. Two people used this word in a conversation with me yesterday at two different times. Both were referring to the fact that high gas prices would prevent them from taking any kind of driving vacation this summer.

2 comments:

  1. CARSON10:26 AM

    Where is Stephanie's place in Chicago?
    What is the name of it?
    When are we going?
    How is your dad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She used to be at Scylla's, but that restaurant is now closed. I guess she's going to open up something new.

    I subscribed to "The Stew" a Chicago Tribune blog about food in Chicago. I hope that it will have all the Top Chef related news for Chicago.

    My Dad is doing well. He started therapy this week and he's right on target.

    ReplyDelete