Monday, June 09, 2008

Catching up

We're back from Disneyworld and really hit the ground running. The trip was awesome and completely exhausting. We flew in Friday night and Saturday morning I was up and off to the library's booth at the local community Expo event. It wasn't even a very good Expo. Crowds were light all day and the weather was less than ideal.

I don't think I'll give as detailed of a Disney report as we were there for a whole week. It would take me a month to post everything! For me, the highlights were:
  • Michelle getting a makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • Toy Story Midway Mania at Hollywood Studios (I may have to do a blog entry on this ride alone. It was so fun!)
  • Seeing the opening show at the Magic Kingdom then getting Dream Fastpasses for the day
  • My brother in law being an extra in the Indiana Jones show
  • The divers at the Coral Reef restaurant putting up a personalized message for our nieces
  • Michelle and I staying late at EPCOT to ride Soarin' two extra times
  • Dave being "that guy" in the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
  • Having a group picture of all eight of us in front of Cinderella's castle with Michelle and Natalie holding Tinkerbell in the palm of their hands
While the weather was very hot and humid, the crowds weren't as bad as I was expecting. In fact, the lunch crowds were much lighter than they have been during other visits. Interesting.

The only real downside to the whole trip was that my father had open heart surgery while we were on vacation. He was going in for tests and they wanted to operate right away. He's doing fine, but recovery is slow. He's still in the hospital. Hopefully he can go home later this week.

We did not watch the season finale of Lost until last night. I dozed off during the middle so I'm going to have to watch it again. I think I missed something with Sawyer sacrificing himself. Anyway, it's a big mysterious ending of course and I'm still confused, though maybe not as confused as before.

Naturally, I'm disappointed that Lisa is going to be on the final Top Chef. I'm trying not to be concerned since she's always, always, always on the bottom. It's just not possible that she should end up as the winner. I am getting frustrated that I can't find information about the final show. Is the finale this Wednesday or next? They usually do a reunion show the week before the finale. But the DVR for this week's episode has no description and bravotv.com doesn't have a schedule posted either. Grrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment