Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back to important stuff

Top Chef Finale!

Last night I re-watched the Top Chef finale so that I could do a recap here.

The Good: Overall, I was pleased with the outcome. How could I not be pleased that Stephanie won? She's a Chicago girl and I was rooting for her from the beginning. I still remember her first quick fire and her hands shaking so badly she could hardly hold a spoon steady.

But she really showed that she is a "Top Chef". She just cooked good food and did it well without a lot of fanfare and hoopla. I think she had a lot of grace and was one of the most likable chefs on the show this season.

The Bad: Speaking of chefs I like, my heart did break a little bit for Richard. He, too, was a class act from start to finish. He obviously had talent. You knew that from the start. I wish he had had a little better showing in his final meal, but that's why he didn't win.

The Ugly: I'll admit it. Lisa had me worried. I really thought she had a chance at winning in the finale. The panel seemed to really love all her dishes but the beef. But thank heaven common sense finally prevailed! I hated that it was so close; I really wanted her to fail miserably. I don't think it was fair that someone who was on the bottom so much during the entire season should end up in the final. But, life's not fair and, in the end, she didn't win anyway.

Hey, who ended up being voted "fan favorite"? I can't find it on that horrible website. Well, according to the website, the Top Chef crew is coming through Chicago September 3-4. Since there's no RSS feed about it, I guess I'll have to use the old fashioned method of keeping informed by checking their website every day. Grr.

It was another fun season. I'm sad that it's over. Since Top Chef was always my summer show, I feel like I've got nothing to watch this summer (unless I get some DVDs of The Closer from the library). That's okay, I was planning on replaying The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess now that we've got the new DLP projector. I also plan on making Pro level in Wii tennis.

2 comments:

  1. CARSON4:54 PM

    love the good, the bad and the ugly.
    very well put once again!
    I think you are completely right.
    I was very sad for Richard.
    I could tell he was scattered when he began to cook.
    Stephanie might need for us to go to visit her at her Chicago venue.
    I think I could eat her food.
    What did you think of her winning Fan Fave?
    Did you watch the reunion show last night/

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARSON5:02 PM

    also...
    GET THE CLOSER.
    You will thank me.

    ReplyDelete