Friday, April 25, 2008

Yeah, yeah, I'm here

No time to blog on the weekends, you know. Only at work -- har! Just kidding, if anyone from work is reading this.

Well, Friday night was kind of quiet, other than the thunderstorms that rolled through. I bagged up a bunch of items to donate to the youth group's upcoming garage sale. It seems no matter how much stuff I get rid of, there's always something more I can donate.

Saturday was a marathon day. Got the car worked on in the morning.

Hannah's birthday was Saturday. She wanted her cousin, Sarah, her friend, Jessi, and me to all go to Medieval Times. Since we haven't done much for her birthday the past couple of years, I agreed. Hannah had band practice until 11:30 so I told the girls' parents to get them to my house at 11:30 so then I could just pick up Hannah from band and we would straight to MT from there.

The girls had a great time, and Hannah said it was the best birthday ever. Our knight won, but was cruelly stabbed in the back, but he was avenged by the prince, so all was well in the end.

We went straight to church after that as I had to play the piano for that night's service. The girls hung around doing whatever it is that teen girls do while I rehearsed. Then we all went home for cake and ice cream! Yea!

We didn't really eat dinner that night. We were so full from MT and then cake and ice cream we didn't need anything. The girls all disappeared into the basement and watched Labyrinth and Dave and I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I enjoyed the movie much more than the book. I could finally follow the plot. I didn't really want to watch it, but I didn't like anything that was on, and was too lazy to go to Blockbuster and get a movie.

There were a whole bunch of Disney shows on the Travel Channel this weekend. We recorded them all but only watched "Disney on a Dime". I have a few issues with some of their tips, such as getting the Park Hopper option on your ticket. Um, that costs more, so how does it save you money?? Whatever -- only 32 more days until our next trip!

4 comments:

  1. CARSON7:38 AM

    Welcome back!
    The Disney on a Dime show was a shameless commercial by Disney.
    Money saving tips?
    Hah.
    The show itself was ok and I got a great view of the cabin we are staying in but hmmmm...
    Not so great at saving money.
    A family of 4 or less is at the definite advantage at Disney.
    We just booked a hotel outside Disney for our arrival night and departure night and it is CRAZY cheap. Almost wished we had stayed off site.
    We have 41 days and counting until we arrive. Everyone is getting excited. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right that it is not cheap. However, you won't regret staying "on property." Once you do, you never go back. :-)

    There is just something about that "magic" and the Disney treatment of guests...from the top at the Grand Floridian, an=ll the way through the "value" resorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Once you do, you never go back" ... to staying *off* property, that is.

    You will ALWAYS want to go back to WDW. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CARSON5:13 PM

    To goad or not to goad...
    Hmmm...
    I think I will.
    What's this... time to comment on other's blog posts but no time to post yourself?
    HELLO.
    Faithful readers are waiting.
    We will be ready to hear about your next Disney trip before you finish posting about this one.
    Parenting Questions
    Question:
    Is it ok that my children walk around singing 80s songs at the top of their lungs as they play song after song on their MP3 players?
    Question:
    Is it ok that my 7 year old is cutting carrots with a very sharp knife as she prepares dinner and I type comments on a blog?

    ReplyDelete