Tuesday, April 08, 2008

What I did today

Okay, Maria, you want a post? Here's a post for you. It's called:
What I did today.

Sent the kids off to school with no arguments
Breakfast - fried egg, banana smoothie
Filled the car with gas at $3.49 a gallon -- ugh!!
Subscribed to two blogs:
k heinz designz
A myHT Fortress
Made new signs for computer workstations
Changed the backup tape
Gave the maintenance staff two new projects to work on
Reminded staff (again!) that they need to turn in their Costco checks
Admired the new lighting we had installed
Started creating an impromptu "April is National Poetry Month" display
Reminded staff that press releases are going out tomorrow
Worked with computer guys to troubleshoot CDROM problem
Searched through files to try to find details on staff shirts order (found it -- finally!)
Followed up on the bike rack grant
Downloaded (and subsequently posted) my PLA photo
Fielded a question about our online calendar system
Tested my solution to the print notification that staff are complaining about
Wrote up procedures for staff on how to toggle print notification on and off and posted them to the staff blog
Scheduled donation of used library furniture
LUNCH! - Started reading The Year of Endless Sorrows by Adam Rapp
Fielded more questions about the online calendar
Review online calendar to see what events are going on over the summer
Meeting to firm up food plans for National Library Week
More work on poetry display
SNACK!
Prepare materials for remote book drop
Sign up as sponsor for Rotary golf outing
Prepare puzzle piece for upcoming community display
Contacted SIRS regarding usage statistics discrepancy -- (turns out I have to re-do a whole year's worth of statistics for these databases -- ugh!!)
Recalculated SIRS usage statistics
Checked personal email
GO HOME - yea!
Dinner - a boring salad, but a yummy rice and bean burrito
Made the bed (yeah, that's right I made the bed at 6:30 pm)
Watched the Simpsons (twice)
Watched America's Funniest Home Videos
Put the kids to bed -- they both have bad colds so I made them go to bed early
Printed out labels for all the birthday cards I need to send (I'm sending out four cards and three of them are late)
Cursed out my phone -- all of a sudden today, Windows Media Player won't read the music on the storage card. Grrrrr.

Well, that's what I did today, so far. What follows is what I hope to do tonight before going to bed.

Check my work email (yes, I check my work email from home at odd hours of the day)
Get the birthday cards ready to mail
SNACK
Play Trauma Center : Second Opinion
Play Animal Crossing


Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Test comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARSON12:43 PM

    thanks.
    i needed that.
    next time could you be more detailed?
    i found this post a bit "sketchy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great.
    As Willy Wonka once said. Try to open your mouth a little wider when you speak.

    Actually I probably got more accomplished yesterday than I will the rest of the work week combined!

    ReplyDelete