Monday, March 31, 2008

Travel time

March 24-April 13 is a little travel marathon for me.

I just spent the last week in Minneapolis at the PLA conference. (AKA: Becoming a better librarian by visiting the Mall of America!) Actually, it was a good conference. I came away with lots of ideas and inspiration. I just hope I can follow through on everything! Most of the conferences I have gone to are very specific in scope, dealing with just one very specific piece of software. PLA was different in that it focused on some of the bigger issues facing public libraries today.

Tomorrow I leave town again for my first Synergy session in lovely Utica, IL. I've been looking forward to this for a long time, but I'm not looking forward to being away from home while the kids are in school. Last week wasn't so bad because the kids were on Spring Break. At least I didn't have to worry about homework, band practices, choir, etc.

But even more than that, I'm looking forward to leaving for Disneyworld in 10 short days! 10 days goes by in the blink of an eye. I'm starting to feel a little giddy just thinking about it. This will be just a long weekend trip to Disney with JKS Wilder to celebrate our birthdays. I'll have to post photos to Flickr once we're back.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I'd known you'd be in town! I could have popped up for lunch with you or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Probably because I didn't think Carleton was that close. Sorry - that would have been fun!

    Just an aside, both the library director here and the head of TS graduated from Carelton!

    ReplyDelete