Monday, July 09, 2007

Twilight Princess - defeated!

The long journey has come to an end. I have once again defeated Gannondorf and made Hyrule safe for another day. The girls had been bugging me all day to play Twilight Princess and so finally at 10:30 pm, I caved. Actually, I had been dying to play all day as well, but there was too much other drama going on. (More on the drama later)

As for the final, final boss battle, it was totally fun! There are four stages to defeating Gannondorf:

Stage 1: Gannon's puppet - Zelda. No Legend of Zelda game is complete without a little tennis match and TP is no exception. But in this stage you have to actually fight against Princess Zelda! Gannon inhabits Zelda's body and shoots energy balls at you. Just avoid her attacks and hit the balls back and forth. You don't actually hit Zelda with your sword or anything.

Stage 2: Dark beast - Gannon. Gannon morphs into this big bull-like creature. He runs around and tries to smash you and everything else. This was a fun stage as you had to smack him in the forehead with an arrow then run around to his side to hack and slash. But at some point during the battle you have to switch to a wolf and Midna helps you to grab on to him to bring him down. Now I had Hannah there telling me what to do, so it wasn't that hard, but I don't know if I would have figured out how to defeat this stage on my own.

Stage 3: Gannon horseback battle. Frustrating! You and Zelda get transported out to Hyrule field. Gannon's on a horse and Zelda is on Epona. You have to ride around to Gannon and Z-target so that Zelda can hit him with a light arrow. Then Gannon's defenses fall and you have to ride up and whack him with the sword. The hard part was just getting close to Gannon. He jogged back and forth so much that I lost track of how many times I got knocked off Epona when I was soooo close. Grrrrr.

Stage 4: Dark Lord Gannondorf. Finally. Link and Gannondorf in a sword fight to the end. (Well, is it ever really the end?) This part was pretty fun, but you have to wait for the A button to change to "chance" so that you can lock swords and push Gannondorf over backwards to really get a good chance to hack and slash, and, ultimately, finish him off. So while it was fun, I found myself just watching the "A" button the whole time and not watching the action.

The cool thing is at the end you get to see Midna in her true form as Twilight Princess. She's cool -- oh yeah, she's a redhead too, so she's ultra-cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment