Saturday, June 09, 2007

Goals

No, this isn't another one of my countdown posts. (Although it is 104 days until our next Disney trip.)

For a long time, I've been thinking that I really need some life goals. It seems to me that everyone I know has some goal in life, or else a list of things they want to do before they die. And I haven't been able to nail anything down.

I don't care if I learn another language. I already play two musical instruments, so I don't care to learn another. I've advanced as far in my career as I really aspire to. (Maybe...) One of my second cousins has already traced the family tree back about four generations, so I don't need to do that. I don't want to write a book. I don't have some sort of wanderlust where I need to visit a specific country or city before I die. I'm constantly in the process of simplifiying my life, so that's not a goal either.

After months of thinking about the above as possible goals, one sort of fell into my lap. (As happens quite often in my life. The right thing just seems to come along at the right time.)

While attending the Backstage Magic tour, our guide mentioned that Disney offers training in the form of the Disney Institute. They offer multi-day courses in leadership, loyalty, people management, customer service, and organizational creativity. Hm, that sounds like it's right up my alley. It's pricey, no doubt. But if money were no object, I would jump at the chance to attend one of these institutes.

So this is my goal -- to attend one of the Disney Institute courses. All I need is the funding. But that's the first step towards my goal -- to obtain funding. It would take too long saving up all the money I earn playing piano to pay for the Institute, so I need to find an alternative source of funding. That's as far as I've gotten for now. But at least I've got something to work toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment