Friday, March 23, 2007

More bad news

Today my boss and I met with the owner/CEO/head honcho of the company that does all our IT support. We hashed out a few complaints, got some updates, etc. It was mostly good, even though he stated some facts that I would take issue with.

The bad news is this: he's been working with a couple of vendors to manufacture and install bathroom hand dryers that will have a video screen on them for advertising. The hand dryers will be networked so that they can easily change the advertising from a central location. So you'll get new content every time you go to dry your hands.

Well, shiver me timbers, but I think this is horrible! (Unless they're going to show reruns of the Simpsons or something good.) The last thing I want to see when I'm going to dry my hands after using the restroom is some stupid ad for a car I can't afford, or some highbrow clothing line I can't fit into, or a tanning salon.

You watch Fred Poets -- advertisers, I'm putting you on notice! I'm going to stop shopping at places that advertise in new and "innovative" spaces! If I see your ad on a hand warmer, I'm going smash the screen and start sending you my junk mail. Ha! That'll show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment