Monday, September 11, 2006

Bad words

Two words that I dislike:

Etcetera
Miscellaneous

At work I have "temporarily" been assigned the duties of ordering general office supplies and maintaining the supply cabinets. My first act of duty was to go through the cabinets and get rid of supplies that are dried up, broken, out dated, or just not used anymore.

The last person who had these duties had labeled the shelves, but there were so many shelves labeled "Etc." and "Misc supplies". This just bugs the crap out of me.

So the person who labeled things was either too lazy to bother sorting through the supplies or they were a packrat who couldn't throw away something because "you never know when you might need it." Give me a break.

I am not a packrat and I never will be. I don't understand this mentality of holding on to material things for no other reason than "just in case". If you haven't used your "just in case" items in 5 years, then just what sort of situation were you planning for when you picked up the item in the first place?

I know, I know, there isn't anything inherently wrong with liking "things". I've just seen too many homes lately where the "things" seem to be more in control than the person who owns them. Maybe I should also stop watching Clean Sweep.

P.S. 10 more days until Disneyworld!!

No comments:

Post a Comment