Sunday, July 16, 2006

Boozefest '06!

I think I drank more booze in the last 5 days than I have all year.

Last Wednesday we went to the Flyers game. Forget hotdogs and nachos, give me some of that sweet sweet beverage that makes me forget all my cares. Okay, so it was like three beers. Two and a half, really. But for me, at my age, beer just has too many calories than I'm prepared to burn off.

Then Friday night big D and I went to a wedding. Open bar? Gin and tonic, and make it a double, please? Wine with dinner? But of course! What? I'm the only one drinking the white wine? Impossible. There's half a bottle left!

In my defense, it's been a helluva week. Oh, Monday and Tuesday were the usual crappy days at work, but then Wednesday all heck broke loose.

Wednesday morning -- meeting in North Aurora followed by a follow up interview in Lombard. One of my co-workers was attending the meeting with me so I had to lie through my teeth as to why I wasn't coming right back to the library. Then Wednesday night was the ball game.

Thursday morning at 8 am, big D and I met with the principal at St. Pete's. Then I had to rush off to Geneva for a riveting meeting to discuss the ramifications of the Library of Congress's series decision. (Why don't those bozos have an RSS feed?) The highlight of Thursday was the long lunch I had after the meeting. (I'm not being sarcastic here. It was one of the most fun lunches I've been on in a LOOOONG time.)

Friday meant actually spending time back in the library, but at least the director was out of the building. Then I had to cut out early to get ready for the wedding Friday night. I got home to find that big D coudln't find any of his ties. What's up with that? His suit was dusty (then you'd better clean it up, I've got makeup to put on!) then between the church and the reception hall his shoes fell apart. Yeah, that's right. The shoes are ancient and the last time he wore them was my grandfather's funeral 7 years ago, so the stitching actually gave way and we had to go buy him new shoes in between the church and the reception. (My husband, the Rhodes scholar.)

Saturday meant getting started on painting the lower half of the bedroom walls. At least that went smoothly. I finished up the second coat this morning and I love it! It's a dark red -- barn red I keep reminding my family. So with the bedroom finally painted, I can turn over the rest of the trim and baseboards, confident in knowing that I have done everything within my power to see the door project to completion within my lifetime. Time for some more booze!

No comments:

Post a Comment