Thursday, June 22, 2006

Whaaaaaa??

Tuesday afternoon I had a job interview. I'm getting sick of interviewing with no job offers, so I wasn't really looking forward to it all that much. During the interview, a very strange thing happened that I was not expecting.

I don't remember the question, but I gave my answer the best that I could. I was afraid of getting off track, so I asked "does that answer the question?" The director replied "What I hear you saying is...." and he proceeded to nicely summarize everything that I had just said. I said "Yes, that's it exactly."

For a second I thought, wow, am I not making myself clear, but then I realized, the director was actually using active listening on me.

It was as if a light bulb went on in my head. Wow, this person is actually interested in demonstrating that he understands what I am saying. You have to understand, dear reader, that this does not ever happen to me. EVER.

If I was only mildly interested in the job when I went in for the interview, I was enthusiastic about the job when I left.

1 comment:

  1. wow.. pretty cool.. i need to check out the AL site... thank you!



    Q.

    ReplyDelete