Sunday, February 05, 2006

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming

Oh, my dear, neglected blog. I haven't updated in weeks. What have I been doing? Mostly, just trying to keep my head above water.

My 5th grader is playing on the 6th grade basketball team. That means keeping track of when and where everything happens, plus trying to get to as many games as possible.

My in-laws spent about 10 days with us, helping Big D get trim put up in the house. He started this new door/trim project in March of 2005 and it's not done yet. Grrrr. Well, at least quite a bit of progress was made during those 10 days, and I have to admit that it does look nice.

I've been on two unsuccessful interviews. What a bummer. I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude, though. God must have some reason why neither position was offered to me.

I was kind of naive, though, and put a few projects on hold while waiting to hear if either new job would pan out. But now I at least know where I stand job-wise, so I can start to move forward on these other projects.

Next week I get to meet with our "Space planning" consultant and with the architect to discuss "how my ideal department would be designed". The sad thing is that the library staff just aren't buying into the whole "reconfiguration" project that administration wants. Nobody really believes that anything is going to happen.

I remain reservedly optimistic. I'd like to believe that something good is going to happen. At the same time, I'm extremely skeptical that a good long term solution is going to be implemented. I think a few more people need to retire at my library before that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment