Sunday, September 25, 2005

Time to start freaking out

We leave for Disneyworld in 4 days! Ack! I always freak out before we go on vacation. I was sick before we went to Niagara Falls, and I feel sick now.

It doesn't really make any sense, though. I got the suitcases back from my China friends (they are doing great!!), tomorrow night I'll do a little laundry (I could even start tonight, really), everything's pretty much pre-paid (Disney ran a good deal that included meals!), so why do I feel like things are going to go drastically wrong?

I do need to call the Doc because my younger daughter is in the middle of a round of Cephzil, which needs to be refrigerated. I'm not sure how we're going to be able to take her medicine along. Maybe I'll call the resort, too, to see if there is a frige in the room (I doubt it).

I'm not quite sure how to pack. We're using Disney's "Magical Express Service" which means that the good folks at Disney are supposed to get our luggage from the airport to our resort. (We get to ride a shuttle to the resort.) The word on the street is that we will probably arrive at the resort well ahead of our luggage. So I want to pack a carry-on bag with swimsuits and other essentials in case something happens to the rest of our bags.

But I'm not packing tonight, so I shouldn't be stressing about this right now. I paid the mortgage and our homeowner's insurance so I don't have to worry about those being late. I hope our school sends us a monthly statement home tomorrow as I know we have to have that paid by the 1st of the month -- and we'll still be on vacation then so I want to get that taken care of as well.

Plus, we still have yet to "officially" notify the school and the girls' teachers that the kids are going to miss four days of school. Ack! I hate that part the most. I hate taking the kids out of school. It's such a pain. And the first week of October is acheivement testing. Aye -- yi - yi.

Well, if that doesn't qualify me for "worst parent of the year", I'm not sure what else does.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment