Monday, May 02, 2005

More music hijinx

Hm, I think I like that spelling of "hijinx". It just looks so bizarre.

Well, I'm playing the piano at Trinity again. I feel like I shouldn't complain about it since I did volunteer and they are paying me.

("You volunteered, didn't you? We're paying you for this, aren't we?"
"Yeah, but I didn't know I was going to be getting electric shocks!" -- what movie?)

I do feel obligated to point out the absurdity that the theme for the services on Mother's Day weekend is:
"Father knows best".

At least the music is going to be super easy to the point of being horribly boring. I get nervous enough when I play at Trinity that I don't need interesting and/or challenging music. Check out these lyrics and see if you can tell me what they mean:

The beasts of the field,
The birds of the air,
Are silent to call out Your name;
The earth has no voice,
And I have no choice
But to magnify God unashamed.
Let the rocks be kept silent
For one more day;
Let the whole world sing out,
Let the people say.

And then it goes back to this amazing forgettable chorus. No offense to Wayne Watson who wrote it. It's just not that great of a song.

On a really great note, I finished hand quilting my hand pieced quilt. This weekend I put the binding together and the last step is to put on the binding. (Get your mind out of the gutter, guys.)

I was all ready to start sewing Sunday night, but I sliced off part of my thumb when I was cutting up some vegetables for dinner. I was using our Pampered Chef Ultimate Slice and Grate and I have to tell you that that blade is SHARP!!

Well, it made a nice clean cut anyway, which bled a lot and caused me to swear, but worst of all, it just hurt too much for me to do any more sewing. Rats. Well, I suppose I just wasn't supposed to start sewing just yet. That's alright there were two brand new episodes of the Simpsons on last night anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Ghostbusters.
    Oh, sure, no offense - HEY! NONE TAKEN! Why don't you just trash the rest of the songs I've written, huh? Sure, you can talk about how a song I wrote made you violently ill with boredom, sure - NO OFFENSE TAKEN!
    Go ahead!
    Hey - I posted two things here last week - where are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    Please accept my most humble and sincere apology for the dirty fork. I assure you it won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear anonymous,

    We here at Blogger.com have been alerted to the situation at hand. We sincerely and deeply regret the misunderstanding. We here at Blogger.com strive for the highest of service standards and would never dream of asking our customers to use a smell, dirty fork.

    Sincerely, Blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,

    On behalf of the entire Internet, I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to you for any grievances suffered during recent blog events. I assume you that the originators of such cruel, callous actions will be dealt with accordinging. I am sure that the blog will be taken over by entirely new management which I hope will better serve your Internet needs.

    Sincerely,
    Al Gore, Internet President

    ReplyDelete