Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Oxymoronica

We just got this book in yesterday and I love it! It's just a collection of quotations, but it's the nature of the quotations that set these apart. I think I like these quotes because they remind me of the Simpsons episode where Bart cheats on his IQ test and gets put in a gifted classroom and the kids have to come up with examples of a paradox.

Here are some samples from the book:

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous. - anon

It's easier to suffer in silence if you are sure someone is watching. - anon

If you aren't confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it. - Niels Bohr

Men are so made that they can resist sound argument, and yet yield to a glance. - Honore De Balzac

The love we give away is the love we keep - Elbert Hubbard

The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency. - Eugene McCarthy

All propaganda lies -- even when it is telling the truth. - George Orwell

Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it. - Harry S Truman

No comments:

Post a Comment