Thursday, July 15, 2004

Summer time means books on CD

Last summer I made a great discovery: books on CD. And it's about time, too! I haven't had a vehicle with a cassette tape player for almost 5 years, so books on tape are useless to me. I listen to books on CD in the summer because I have farther to drive to drop my kids off in the morning.

So far this summer I've listened to:

The Fourth hand by John Irving
Three weeks with my brother by Nicholas Sparks
Balzac and the little Chinese seamstress by Dai Sijie
Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Just today I started listening to The five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom. I was a little skeptical starting this last book since it seems trendy to me, but I'm already on disc 2 and so far it's not bad. The only dud in the whole bunch seems to be The Fourth hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment