Monday, July 26, 2004

Personal Goals

Am I laboring under the misapprehesion that most people live their life in pursuit of personal goals?

I've struggled with this idea lately. I'm know there are people out there with lists of things they wish to accomplish at some point in their lives, but until recently, I have not counted myself as one of those people.

Really. There are people who always wanted to go to Europe, or they always wanted to have a baby, or they always wanted to go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, or they always wanted to get a Ph.D. etc., etc.

I, on the other hand, have had a sad tendency to sort of just take what God has offered up to me. I only vaguely had an interest in what college I would attend (though I knew I would attend college). I probably would never have chosen librarian as a career except one day someone suggested that I do it. I didn't really have any other life plan at the time, so I said "Why not?" Even the travels that I have been fortunate enough to embark on have been the result of spontenaity, rather than a life goal of traveling to said destination.

At any rate, I've given this quite a bit of thought lately and I am pleased to annouce that I do have a goal in life and it is this:
to live a life free from the burden of unneccessary possessions.
So this would be the time to start selling on ebay again!

Oh yeah, tomorrow night I will be attending a meeting regarding my children's school dress code. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment