Friday, March 19, 2004

Okay, self, take a deep breath...soon it will all be over....

Looking around the vacant dining room (all the furniture is now in the kitchen) draws a person's eye up to the horrible light fixture. Neither dh or I are particularily fond of the light fixture, so off to Home Depot we go!! At least we agreed on a new light fixutre and it was relatively simple to install. All I had to do was hold it while he reconnected the wires.

My genius dh points out that since we have all the furniture moved out of the kids' rooms, now would be a good time to paint M's room! He's right, but this is easier said than done. There is a chair rail that has been painted over a couple of times, so there will be some patching, spackling, and sanding to do first.

I did manage to pull off the rail myself (yea me!) but there is wallpaper underneath the rail!! And the wall above and below the rail has been painted a couple of times, so there is this "groove" of sorts where the rail has been. Dh doesn't think it will be noticable once the new paint is up, but I beg to differ. So I'm sanding like crazy!!

We let M pick out her own color. It's this crazy bright, bold, blue. She is thrilled, so I say why not?? H's room is a shocking purple, so why not crazy blue in M's room.

We did manage to get rid of the horrible brown sofa and loveseat, so that's another step in the right direction. At least the carpeting nightmare will be over by next Wednesday. I've already decided to hire a maid to come in and clean once everything is back in place. I think I deserve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment