Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Back to fashion blah

Well, after my venture into the "sexier" side of my wardrobe, it's back to the kakhis and plain white knit tops. I'm not even wearing any black today! And I feel like crap. (Aren't you supposed to wear black when you feel bad??) I wear black when I feel good!

Dh and I went to Morton's Steakhouse last night for dinner. We asked the sil if she would watch the kids while we went out. We really owe her now since she picked up the kids from school and kept them until almost 9:00 at night. On a school night!!

Anyway, it wasn't one of those "romantic" dinners or anything. It was dinner provided by one of dh's work buddies. Since dinner was on him, I ordered lobster bisque! (Never had it before.) Mmmm. Very good. And the steak was outstanding. As were the mushrooms, and garlic potatoes and wine, and dessert, etc.

I felt very out of place though. I had already changed into my comfy jeans when dh told me where to meet them. So I had to change back into a skirt, ugh. The service was impeccable. Everyone was very nice. Someone was always coming by to refill our wine glasses. We never poured a drop!

The whole dinner I kept thinking "this is what our life would be like if we didn't have kids". I was actually relieved to get out of there, even though everything was so nice. It just didn't feel right. I was really glad to see the kids when I picked them up and was glad that the younger one wasn't ready for bed so we could just sit and cuddle for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment