Wednesday, January 14, 2004

The things we take for granted

I really like what I'm reading in Simple Abundance, but it's nothing new to me. Breathnach writes about good things like coming to the realization that we have a limited time on this earth and that every day is a gift and we need to make the most of every day. But none of these ideas are particularily new or ground breaking to me.

We, the Fred Poets, began to live out our philosohpy of "Carpe Diem" way back when the movie Dead Poets Society came out in 1989. By then, I had already studied poems such as To his coy mistress and To virgins, to make much of time.

Hey, nice poetry site!! That's how cool poetry is. You have to have a username and password to read the Chicago Tribune online, but poetry is accessible to everyone!

P.S. Screw you, too, New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment