Thursday, January 15, 2004

Gratitude daily

Ah Breathnach, I'm one step ahead of you. Yesterday's passage from Simple Abundance insisted that the reader begin keeping a "gratitude journal" where every day you list five things you are grateful for. I like to think that I'd already started doing that, using this blog.

Today I am grateful for:

  1. Sunny but bitterly cold days. You know, those days where the sun is shining like mad, but it doesn't make any difference; it's still freezing cold. Like Garrison Keillor writes "it's so cold you'd like to cry, but you don't dare, your eyes might freeze shut".
  2. Re-reading good books. I just re-read Catcher in the Rye.
  3. Email. 'nuf said.
  4. Phone calls from girlfriends.
  5. Cheese fries.


Stay tuned for more things to be grateful for.

BTW, comments have been temporarily suspended. I may sign up with another service. Doesn't matter too much, as they were only used by one person!!

No comments:

Post a Comment