Monday, January 12, 2004

Good mood vs. Bad mood

I spent all day yesterday in a really, really bad mood. I was not happy when I woke up and then I just pretty much would not allow myself to cheer up. I don't like being late to church (we were 15 minutes late) and then Hannah had a piano recital in the afternoon. Sorry, I just don't get excited about piano recitals. What a bad mom, eh?

But today, despite the fact that I have to go to work, I've decided that I'm not going to be so down. Going back to Simple abundance, I need to be more grateful and make the most of every day, not spend it in a blue funk.

So we listened to our Disney CD in the car on the way to school and even after I dropped the kids off, I continued to listen to Disney songs. It's really hard to maintain a bad attitude when you've got Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious blaring on the radio.

Also, my niece bought me a hula dancer for my car dashboard! It makes a great addition to the fuzzy dice. Both are great reminders to not take life so seriously.

Plus, I got to watch another episode of Pioneer Quest last night. That was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment