Friday, December 26, 2003

Insert clever title here

I always figured the day would arrive when my kids would finally be better than me at a video game, I just didn't think it would be so soon. We rented Disney Extreme Skateboard Adventure on Monday and Hannah can clean up the floor with me in the head to head mode. I used to think I was cool because I could land a 15,000 point trick, but then I watched her do a 67,000 point trick without batting an eye.

Now Hannah and Michelle have pooled their Christmas money and bought a Game Boy Advance. They had enough to just buy the console and one game: Hamtaro, Ham-Ham Heartbreak. Hannah loves the fact that it's portable and has been playing it pretty much non stop since the batteries had time to charge. I even saw her take off her coat and put on her pajamas all while holding the GBA in one hand -- and playing it, too!

I have to admit, it is pretty cool. I am very impressed by the graphics and it's really not annoying to listen too. The fact that it's portable means that the kids won't tie up a TV in the house, so I can actually have a turn on the PS2 now. I need to do some research now, on what are some really good games to get for GBA.

At least Hannah will still need me to defeat the bosses in Dark Cloud 2 and Rayman 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment