Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Bad blogging practices

I know, I know it's been a week since Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King opened. Last night my Dad and I went to see it.

I'm still sort of digesting it all. I'm trying to separate my feelings about the book from my feelings about the film. I'm not going to completely gush over the film "Oh, it's the best film I've ever seen!" but I'm certainly not going to pan it either.

For the most part, I thought it brilliant! The casting really could not have been better, the music was outstanding and I do have a great feeling of closure. But it's a mixed feeling, partly out of the fact that I am sad it's over.

I remember being overjoyed while reading the scourging of the Shire in the book because it was one little last chance to spend time with the hobbits and linger for a while longer in Middle Earth. Granted the scourging of the Shire is not in the movie, but the ending did seem unncecessarily laborious.

And yet I didn't want the movie to end! Does that make any sense at all???


No comments:

Post a Comment