Monday, November 17, 2003

My so-called weekend

Friday: I played piano and flute for the holiday house walk sponsored by the Villager's Club of Bloomingdale. What a gas! I played piano from 3:00 to 6:00 pm and then two flutist friends arrived around 6:00 pm and we did some trios, and some flute and piano. It's such a shot in the arm because everyone thinks you are wonderful. It's all volunteer and helps raise money for local charities and I love to do it!!

When I finally got home I got a message from the Bloomingdale women's club asking me to play piano for their December meeting. I agreed and asked if I could bring a friend who both sings and plays the flute. Their only reservation was that they couldn't afford to pay two people. Pay us? Once I stressed that it's not about the money she admitted it would be fine. Hey, we'll make some music for an hour and go cash the check and hit the bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment