Wednesday, August 06, 2003

I want to be a pioneer!

I've caught up on my PVR'ed episodes of Pioneer Quest. I just can't get enough of that show! The premise is take two couples, one younger, one a little older and put them on a 1870's homestead for a year, turn on the cameras, and let the hilarity ensue! Har, just kidding, it's not really funny at all, it's just completely fascinating!! One of the couples has a website here.

I've always been obsessed with the pioneers. As a kid I would re-read and re-read Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little house series. Of course I was addicted to the TV series, too. I even used to load up my wagon with my dolls and have them head out west.

I must cry at some point during every episode, though. When you really see how hard those people had to work just to survive, it makes the things we worry about seem insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment