Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Anyone who STILL believes that libraries are quiet....

...ought to spend an hour at my desk today. And I'm not even out at a public service desk in children's or anything like that. You expect there to be a few screaming kids (sometimes even adults) in the public service areas, but back here in the "inner sanctum" things are generally quiet. Sure, the loud-mouthed purchasing agent is back from her vacation, so that explains a lot but it just seems like today is a big social day or something. And here I am, up to my eyeballs in books on CD, trying to return phone calls and track down my missing computer parts order and the children's department desperately needs me to look at a "slow" printer. I still maintain the problem exists between the chair and the keyboard.....

No comments:

Post a Comment